Saturday, March 1, 2008

3 day breather from the snowballing descent

The market's index went up in tiny increments for three days in a row, but trading remained thin.

This seems consistent with the behavior of people cautiously building portfolios. Analysts are calling it consolidation. If I'm to agree with them, then we're to follow the assumption that our market is really still going down.

Though I'm skeptical if we'll see the index crawl down to 2700, I will be sure to pump more money in when we see that level. When I do, I will stick to the best beginner guideline of all: bet on quality. I'll keep my choices within the tried and tested like BPI. The growth may be slower, but so will the exposure to risk. Under the circumstances, I think that's the better play for a newbie like me.

No comments: