Tuesday, July 3, 2012

PSEi at 5000++

The Philippine Stock Index has been pushing to new heights this year and closed today (June 3, 2012) at 5300.14. Who would have known it would happen now. Two years ago I recommended the following: ICT (28.50) ATI (5.3) MWC (15.25) SECB (63.00) The same stocks closed today at the following prices: ICT (75) ATI (9.80) MWC (25.3) SECB (142.2) With perfect hindsight, this would have made anyone a pretty penny over two years. With ICT and SECB, one would have doubled his or her money easily. However, at the time I recommended it, I couldn't predict my picks would double over two years. In fact, I sold of my SECB once I gained 25%. I was happy enough with the gain. Yet, seeing it move even higher made me cringe. It's very easy to predict which stocks will eventually go up, it's just so hard to say when. Common sense trading is easier for those who have time on their side. Stocks move up, we just can't choose when. It's having the power and emotional tenacity to wait that will bring success.

No comments: