Sunday, March 16, 2008

grapevine: New trading floor at the Fort; dodgy mining company

Heard only in the unofficial form:

Trading Floor

My grapevine tells of the construction of a new home for the Philippine Stock Exchange. What I've heard is that there will only be one floor to replace the two physically separate venues currently in Ortigas and Makati. The new venue will be at the Fort.

Mining Company
Also, there's been some talk of a new Mining company in the Philippines that is soliciting investments. I'm told that it seems dodgy and questionable. I don't even know what the name is. tsk tsk tsk.

Stock Dividends from BPI
I'm kicking myself for buying a few BPI shares at 63 last December. A few days ago, I was told that, as a consolation for me there's some good news to offset the loss. BPI is to dish out some stock dividends this April. Twenty percent (20%) they say. I sure hope its 20! Last I checked, BPI went on a long slide and was down to 51!

No comments: