Thursday, January 31, 2008

it may be a good thing to be bringing on the bad news

I think there's good news out there but not enough ears that really want to hear it. That means the bad news is always under the spotlight. I see that as a good thing, at least for now.

U.S. interest rates were slashed ever so aggressively but investors seem to have paid more attention to their fears. Instead of rejoicing over the feds move, they cast their doubts on the feds policy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting tired of all the bleak news on the stock market and the economies of the world. Its probably because I'm not experienced enough or daring enough to keep trading stocks during a time like this, so its getting really boring. Nonetheless, I much rather prefer to wait it out.

I didn't even wake up early enough today to watch the trading. (9:20-12:10 MLA.) I don't know if its the antibiotics weakening me or the lack of a futsal/football game for the week or the thought that the market is just going to keep moving sideways ever so sluggishly that keeps me from getting up early.

Maybe I'm joining the club. I may be beginning to expect bad news all the time. On the other hand, I think the world needs to hear the darker side of things for now. So everyone will be on their toes and keep themselves from making the same big mistakes our American friends in credit did that ignited this worldwide financial turmoil in the first place.

No comments: